Sunday, March 8, 2009

Angry-Face

Ok, how do you get your caterer to communicate with you like they are supposed to? Our contract was inaccurate so I emailed our caterer to get it fixed so I could sign it and send them the down payment. 2 weeks later, still no new contract . . . and I'm starting to get really angry. I want this nailed down so I don't have to worry about it anymore and I don't appreciate having to chase after them to get it done. NOT my job.

My job is dealing with my students, although in the last 3 weeks, I've taken 3 days off. One was for the anniversary of Nana's passing, one for a migraine, and one to spend time with Nick. We drove up to North Bend and had lunch at a really cute little restaurant. Then we went up to Snoqualmie Falls, did some kissing, and took the scenic way home. It was a really nice day; we don't get to spend enough time together anymore. Graveyard shift has been hard on us, although Nick is loving it and it's definitely better than swings when I didn't see him except for the 10-15 minutes I could stay awake to hear about his day when he got home at 11 pm. Now he is just working on getting enough good sleep. Since working ambulance in 24-hour shifts, his sleep pattern is really messed up and he wakes up very easily. As a result, he is sleeping all day long before his shifts, so I'm only seeing him for an hour or two every day. This is going to be a tough schedule when we have kids . . . 

In other news pertaining to Nick's job, we are only 3 weeks away from being off FTO, which means that Nick has almost passed this stage of observation and will soon be in his own squad car. He's very excited. I don't think about it so I can maintain my sanity. He's doing wonderful and I'm very proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment