Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Caterer, Check!

We have officially paid our caterer the down payment for their services, meaning they will now hold our date. This was our last really big thing to deal with, thank goodness. Although now I'm worried about invitations, which I haven't even really thought about. I also really, really want to include save-the-date magnets, something I think is just the cutest idea. Who doesn't love a magnet?

In the same thread as the invitations, I have decided that I really do want to invite a couple of my students. Our guest list is already at capacity, but I know at least a few people won't be coming. There are a handful of kids I'd like to have there on this day simply because they are amazing and I've bonded with them. Now that the end of the year is fast approaching, I'm starting to get a little melancholy about the thought of leaving them. Along with the hard times, it's also been a lot of fun. I hope I don't lose touch with all of them. I do, however, hope to never see a few of them again, haha!

Back to the wedding . . . I still need a veil, jewelry, and our wedding bands. I was thinking chocolate pearls maybe, since our colors are chocolate, burgundy, and ivory. And I really want a little bit more ostentation in my wedding band too. A girl can never have too many diamonds . . . Oh wow, I also need to have my dress cleaned and steamed since it was a sample at Marcella's too! I totally forgot about that.

One last thing: Joey. My dad and I are getting puppies this summer, so Dad has been obsessed with finding pups and emails or texts me whenever he sees a new listing. We're going to wait until June to get our babies, but he's all excited about it and has started "shopping" now. I have to say though, I absolutely cannot wait until I get my little Joey Tribbiani Pritchett! He'll be Nick's and my first baby. Anyone who knows my family knows just how much we love our pets, so this excitement should come as no surprise. Yay for a new puppy!

Only 41 days of school left!

Only 199 days until our wedding! 
(Wow, time is flying!)

No comments:

Post a Comment