Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lazy much?

Here it is 5:30 on a Saturday afternoon and Nick and I have gotten little to nothing accomplished. We had a huge list of "stuff" to do on Nick's three day and we only got 4 things done on our list. Do I feel bad? Maybe a little bit. But Nick hasn't had a three day in a month because of all the overtime he's been working, so it seemed more than fair that we spend some time just vegging.

Oddly enough, the only thing I regret that we didn't get done is the partial remodel of our downstairs bath. We needed to remove the wallpaper and putty up the holes, decide on a paint color, paint, and change out the mirror, toilet paper holder, towel rack, and storage cabinet. What did we get done? Well, we bought the stuff to remove the wallpaper. That's it. And I really feel guilty about it because I posted on facebook that we were going to complete that stage of the remodel yesterday. I hate it when I say I'm going to do something and I don't get it done. It makes me feel very unaccomplished. Bleh.

The best thing about this weekend? I got to spend time with Nick! And we finished setting up our master bedroom, which turned out beautifully. It feels like the room we stayed in on the first night of our honeymoon at the Salish Lodge, sans fireplace. That means it's super romantic and soothing. I love the colors and the lighting, and just being in the room makes me relax. The other best thing about this weekend? I booked our extra nights at the Hotel Castex in Paris before and after our European trip. We start and end in Paris, and the Rick Steves tour site recommends coming in a day early because of jet lag, so we added an extra day to the beginning of our trip. This means that we will be traveling on our 1-year wedding anniversary, September 26th. It's not the optimal way to spend that day, but big picture: we're going to be in France for 2 weeks right after that, so who cares if we spend that one day flying? We are also adding two days to the end of the tour because we want to spend some extra time in Paris to see Versailles, which isn't on our tour itinerary. All in all, I'm very excited! Looking at flights, it seems like the best deal we're going to get is to fly through Iceland. Of course, Nick and I are very excited about this too, in typical weird Nick-Stephanie fashion. Who wants to go to Iceland? I guess we do!

Overall, life is stressful, but we're handling it okay and we have lots to look forward to in our upcoming vacation. After that, it's all about the babies. Scary . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment