Here's us:

Here's the ring (it's just under 2 carats total):Thornewood Castle
www.thornewoodcastle.com
The decor is as shown: Christmas-y. There will be large Christmas trees set up in the ceremony area and reception hall. Nick and I are still working on ideas for centerpieces. We may use those provided, but I really wanted to incorporate some creative ideas that I am going to do myself.
Dress designer (hopefully): Reem Acra
Style: Angel or Teardrop
Other ideas:
1. Pictures of Nana, Grandpa Harvey, and Nick's grandma on the mantel in front of which we will be saying our vows. We may also be lighting a candle for each departed relative.
2. No garter toss or bouquet toss. The bouquet will be given to the couple married the longest and we will be asking them to impart some wisdom to us, the newlyweds.
3. A piece of Nana's veil or wedding dress sewn into my gown.
4. Calla lilies in the bouquet in tribute to Nana.
5. "Comment cards" and pens on every table, along with a vase for the guests to write favorite memories of the bride, groom, or both together to be put in a scrapbook.
6. Candid photos by our photographer, with only a few posed photos.
His website: duclosstudios2.com
7. A potential "trash the dress" session in American Lake after the reception
8. Dinner: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake?
9. I am going to ask Nick's mom to make my veil. Chapel length tulle with a Spanish lace edging.
10. Nick and I will be writing our own vows. Get ready for some tears.
That's a good start. The more ideas I have, the more I will be writing. Hope you enjoyed this first brainstorm!






No comments:
Post a Comment