Friday, May 22, 2009

26 Years

Today is my 26th birthday. I remember when birthdays were exciting and fun, but now that I am on the downhill slide toward 30, it isn't so great anymore. I used to demand that my birthday celebration last at least a week (I know, I am a spoiled brat), but today was almost just like any other day. A few of the kids brought me gifts, which was so sweet, but at home it was simply a Friday. It's interesting how much life changes as you get older.

Nick's working tonight too, which added to the calm nature of the day. We (as in Nick and I) aren't celebrating until Monday, which is his first day off. We'll probably spend it doing some furniture shopping and going to dinner. He better get me a card too . . . 

Wedding stuff, which I find to be very funny: I decided that I am going to invite a few students to the wedding, as long as we have the room. The other day, I told two of them about it and they about came out of their skin. These two are supposed troublemakers at the school, but I just love both of them. They are constantly cracking me up. One actually choked on his sandwich and threw up in his lap in front of our principal while he was observing me. He will be forever known as Vomit Boy. In addition to a small group of other students, these are two that I hope to stay in touch with over the years. Although I know that leaving this job is the absolute right choice for me, I am thankful that I have had the chance to be in these kids' lives for a short time. Everything happens for a reason. If I didn't truly believe that, I would have gone crazy long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment