I did some shopping around for wedding invitations today. That's going to be one giant hassle, I can see. And expensive. Between the invitations, save the date magnets, RSVP cards, announcements (for those who aren't invited to the wedding-relatives from far away), and envelopes, we're looking at $300. Not fun, but essential considering the fact that Mom has now had a few people ask her where Nick and I are registered. We aren't. So during Nick's three-day this week we'll be going to Macy's and Target to register. I've heard this is fun, so it's something to which I am secretly looking forward. Don't tell Nick though; he just thinks it's going to be a hassle (my word of the day).
Anyway, beyond the invitations, I did some jewelry shopping today too. I've found that I love the estate, vintage, and antique jewelry, so enjoy the photos of a few of the pieces with which I'm enamored.
Check out this gorgeous cameo ring, circa 1890. I've always wanted one of these. I find them to be incredibly romantic and the style fits my personality and fascination with a bygone era.

Here is some of the estate jewelry I've fallen in love with for the wedding:

Victorian, circa 1880

Georgian, circa 1800
And this last one is perfect with the color scheme of the wedding: garnet, circa 1880

No comments:
Post a Comment