The day we moved in we had help from Dave and Austin, which saved us. We decided to go look at a dining room set that night as we still had the moving truck. It turned out to be a great deal! It was purchased at an antique store for $5600. It's a rich dark wood table with two leaves, eight chairs, and a gorgeous china cabinet. We got the set for $1700. Besides our entertainment center, it is the first piece of furniture I am truly proud to own. And it was a steal!
The big problem lately is that Nick has had no time off, which has been really tough. I can't buy a couch or a bed set without his input because those pieces are so important. (And I can't make the decision by myself because I'm so indecisive about it.) We also have some little things that need to get done, like cleaning out the gutters, which Nick needs to do. Poor guy, he's already got a honey-do list! But he's decided to take Wednesday off, so we're going to work on getting as much done as possible on the four days he'll have off. I'm excited to finish our registry and get the 5 bookcases I've been dying for so I can set up the office and my books can have a home again. We also found out from Nick's mom that we can have his grandfather's cherry and leather antique desk and it is gorgeous, so that is one less thing we have to buy and another piece of furniture that will be special to us. We also have my mom's and grandma's rocking chairs, which will eventually go in the baby's rooms. The only bad thing about the desk is that it is buried in Nick's parent's garage. And when I say buried, I mean buried! It'll take a bit of elbow grease to get it out . . .
And finally, our super amazing and exciting news: we are getting a puppy! We put a down payment on a golden retriever puppy last weekend. They are four weeks old today and we will be able to bring the little guy home right before Christmas. We are still working on names . . . that's something we always have a hard time agreeing on, whether it's for pets or babies. We've gone from Luke to Ike to Charlie to Teddy. My top three right now are Noah, Toby, and Gus. I really like Gus, but that is just today's consensus. Indecisive? Yes.
Another thing to be excited for: A real Christmas tree! We're getting our first tree this week too! Life is not just good, it's amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment