Nick and I have started the countdown to puppy time (and a much more messy house)! Gus will be coming home with us on December 23rd, just in time for Christmas. We're very excited and I thought I'd share a couple of the photos Diana (his mommy/breeder) has sent us.
This is one of Gus at about 5 weeks. This was on one of the really cold nights we had about a week ago when they brought the puppies in and did individual photos for all the future owners.
And this one is Gus this weekend at 6 weeks. They had a very successful trip to the vet in which all the babies were healthy and growing at a great pace. The vet was apparently very impressed with their temperament and attitudes. They are very gentle and sweet as a whole litter. Now Gus weighed in at 8.6 pounds, which was right in the middle. Most of the babies were between 7 and 9.5 pounds, however, one little porker, a female named Paisley, came in at a whopping 11.6 pounds. She's a bit of a butterball, but also so cute!
We are really looking forward to adding to our little family. With Nick gone at night, it gets a little lonely around here sometimes and I know that Gus is going to keep me very busy. Nick and I were over at my parents a couple days ago and Mom produced a huge bag of puppy toys she's already bought for Gus. I know this is going to be one spoiled dog, and it makes me think about babies and how ridiculously spoiled they will be too! Gus is just practice.
For anyone who isn't an animal lover, my posts about our new "baby" Gus may seem over the top. However, in my family animals are family, so seeing him as a member of the Pritchetts isn't strange to us. My parents' first "child" was a springer spaniel named Tucker and he was a uniting force for them in hard times. I truly believe that receiving the undying and unconditional love of a pet makes it easier and more rewarding to love others in return. Nick and I love our Budda cat and are really excited for another being to love in this house. Babies to come soon too, but not too soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment