We finally set up an appointment with our ring guy, Nick Kwan, to get our wedding bands designed. Kwan works for DeBeers and will be able to get our wedding bands done at a wholesale price, which means we can go for a higher quality metal and a better clarity and larger diamonds, as we did in my engagement ring. I also trust Kwan implicitly with the decision as to the design of my rings. I can't decide if I want a simple ring with a band of micro-Pave set diamonds to match my engagement ring or if I want to insert a few larger diamonds into the middle of the band, a la past, present, future rings. He'll be able to give me a good idea as to whether or not that would work. Nick really wants a tungsten ring, so that will be an easy choice.
Another thing we're working on is the actual dates of the wedding . . . yeah, November 7th is the BIG day, but we're working on making that the ONLY day as well. As of right now, we're getting married on September 26th in the Catholic church, but we're hoping that Father Jim will be willing and able to marry us at Thornewood on November 7th instead. I'm not optimistic because priests are usually only able to perform marriages in churches, and we won't know anything for sure until he's back from a vacation on August 5th. A few other things are suspended until we know the answer to our church question, such as the invitations. Yeah, I still haven't ordered those. Starting to stress . . .
Oh, and I'm not making the favors. Too much going on to add that to my list, so we'll be ordering one of two bookmark favors that look like this (potentially):

We both love the idea of incorporating something we love into the wedding. Besides family and friends, I don't think either one of us could be happy without being able to read frequently. If the bookmarks don't work, maybe we'll do the personalized bags of coffee, which was our other favor idea. Ah, one more decision to make!
No comments:
Post a Comment