Thursday, August 6, 2009

Proud of my accomplishments!

We had our meeting with Nick Kwan (which, humorously enough, ended up being about him and my Nick discussing the state of the economy and how much they hate hippies. Seriously, they hate hippies). Our rings are going to be amazing! Mine are a little over the top maybe, but I'm excited. Nick is getting a Byzantine cross etched on his simple ring AND I am getting a strand of chocolate pearls and matching earrings (Kwan deals primarily in pearls, so we are getting an AMAZING deal). I like to think that I am not materialistic, but I'm not going to lie to anyone, including myself: I love jewelry and it's exciting when I get new pieces!

Other than jewelry, Nick and I are one phone call away from solidifying all our plans for the ceremony. If the priest can't do the ceremony at Thornewood, we are going to keep our church date for September 26th. It isn't the perfect scenario for me, but the important thing is that I am marrying Nick and we are happy. It doesn't matter that we are already married when we have our big ceremony because it's all in how I view it. November 7th is the special and important day. September 26th is for us and only us.

In that vein, we also got our compatibility test results (a requirement of the Catholic church) back. More on that when we meet with the couple from the church to discuss those results. I'm sure I'll have something interesting to say after the 2 (yes, 2) two-hour meetings we'll have to have to discuss whether or not the test shows we are compatible.

I also ordered my favors today. The votes were in, everyone chose the metal cut-out leaf with the burgundy tassel. I also ordered some wedding day makeup from Sephora to try out. Here's what we have on the agenda for the next two weekends:

This weekend:
-Possibly register for gifts
-Look at houses in Bonney Lake
-Get in touch with Mom and Dad's financial guy and finally get that all figured out (Yes, PLEASE!)
-Send the checks to St. John the Baptist's to hold our date
-Get Nick's passport paperwork completed and set up an appointment to get that done
*Oh yeah, pick up Mom and Dad from the airport! Haha, that'd be bad if I forgot that one.
**Mom and I are going to go get my veil and shoes next week too (she just doesn't know it yet . . . )

Next weekend:
-The big antiques yard sale at Meeker Mansion is on Saturday
-Meet with the church couple about the compatibility test (round 1)
-Register for gifts (let's face it, we might not get this done this coming weekend)
-SUNDAY: GO GET KAYAKS 
-On Monday we have our second meeting about the compatibility test
-Passport stuff if we don't do it this weekend

Other stuff to do:
-INVITATIONS (Oh wait, I just remembered that I told my future sister-in-law, Cheryl, that we would be coming up to Duvall to visit and design the invitations next weekend. How am I going to fit that in is the question . . . )
-Honeymoon stuff (Are we buying a house? If so, no Europe. Mexico maybe? Caribbean cruise?)
-Flowers (What kind and where from?)
-Cake (Hmm, yep, still need to do that . . . )

This week has been crazy, what with Mom and Dad being on vacation (a Mexican cruise and they are LOVING it) and me stuck at home with Jacob and the dogs. Beyond that, Nick's working on getting a job with a contract area in King County and has an new MPO, which means he is very busy and I miss him! Tomorrow is his birthday and he didn't even know it. I had to remind him this morning (I think this also has to do with his desire to stay a child forever. And he's doing a good job so far . . . )

We need a vacation. I think we should forget tradition and do the honeymoon now. Then we can come home and get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment