Another accomplishment: the invitations. I ordered them at Costco and they are very pretty, although I didn't go with either of the two that we originally liked. The best part: 35% off the list price, so we didn't spend as much as I thought we would. I just approved the proof, so we should be getting the invitations next week sometime. I really need to start compiling addresses AND Nick and I need to go actually register, so it isn't a lie when I put it in the invitations that we are registered at Target and Macy's.
And two more: the favors and the compatibility test. We got our bookmarks and they are great! I unwrapped all 120 of them and packed them in a box to be transported to Thornewood on November 7th. Yay! And the test. Nick and I scored remarkably well, higher than most couples, in fact. We were actually the first to score 100% on a section (financial) in Monica and Jim's time doing this with couples. We really love the people who administered the test. Monica and Jim are so nice and very warm, so we invited them to the wedding in November. Overall, the test contained nothing surprising. We are different in our feelings about religion (Nick's analytical and I'm emotional) and how many children we want (Nick wants 3, I want 2). The question that raised some eyebrows: A good way to resolve an argument with my future husband/wife is to have sex. I said disagree, Nick said agree, so we had to talk about it with Monica and Jim. He swears he answered agree as a joke and he turned bright red when she read the question; I was laughing to cover the embarrassment, but Monica and Jim thought it was pretty entertaining. Ah, my lovely fiance.
Other stuff: I got my ring back from Nick Kwan who took it to his caster so they could make sure my wedding band would lay flush against it. He had it all week and I really, really missed it. I felt a little naked without it. We also went to lunch with Nick and his girlfriend, Nicole, and thereby found another couple we really enjoy hanging out with. They are really fun and Kwan is hilarious, which we already knew. We decided that we are going to do the fair and the corn maze in Buckley together this year. It was a couple's weekend as we had Austin and his girlfriend Brittany over last night to stay. I made beer roast, mashed potatoes, gravy (with Mom's help), and salad for dinner and we played Wii and watched Stardust before going to bed. Then this morning we went to the Original Pancake House for breakfast. It was a lot of fun and we laughed most of the night. So Austin and Brittany are joining our party to the fair and the corn maze. All in all, it was a good weekend.
One other thing: we put an offer on a house. I don't want to say too much about it so I don't jinx anything, but we are asking for prayers that God's will be done. We love this house and we're hoping it's meant to be, so we're being very aggressive in our offer, but we are leaving it in God's hands and hoping that the adage God helps those that help themselves will ring true in this case. I will post again when we hear back on our offer, which we expect to sometime next week. In the meantime, I'm praying like crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment