Monday, September 14, 2009

Weddings Rings!

We went and picked up our wedding bands today and I'm so happy with how they turned out! Nick's ring is titanium with a Byzantine cross etched into it, something that was very important to him in signifying his faith. My wedding band sits flush with the engagement ring and has a matching double row of Pave set stones flanking three larger diamonds (the past, present, future concept). All in all, these rings are more beautiful and meaningful than I ever thought any object could be. We are so excited to be husband and wife in less than 2 weeks! 

We're going to get our marriage license tomorrow morning and then I'm sure it's going to feel even more real. I wrote my vows and part in the prayer of the couple for the ceremony two days ago, which made me realize that this is really happening. I'm so happy, but it's also a little anti-climatic. We've been together for 2 and a half years and we've lived together for over a year of that time, so it really feels like we've been married for a long time already. This is just the formal, legal, and religious aspect of it. We also asked our friend Dave (the guy who introduced us) to perform the marriage ceremony. He agreed and now the running joke is that a Lutheran and a Catholic are being married by a Mormon. Hardy-har. 

Other stuff: We finished our registry (I can't remember if I already talked about this). Target was fun, but Macy's was a pain in the butt. The registry lady was very helpful, but way too talkative. She's also repeatedly checked our online registry, which I've added to, and keeps sending me emails about it. I think she has too much time on her hands. Add that to the fact that Macy's was like a sauna and you have a not-as-fun-as-you-want situation.

One more thing: If I sent you an invitation, please RSVP so I don't have to hunt you down! I was (probably stupidly) hoping to have more responses by now. I think I was a little delusional. I mean, who gets an invitation and sends the RSVP out in the mail the next day? I know I don't. It would sit on our table until I remembered it, probably a day or two before the requested deadline. This is my payback. I won't know until October 15th what my number will actually be. However, on that day, I'm going to start calling everyone I haven't heard from and I'm going to force them to make a decision. (I probably won't actually do this, seeing as I'm relatively non-confrontational, but long ramble short: please send back the RSVP card!)

So, for anyone interested, here are the rings:

No comments:

Post a Comment