Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our House!

Nick and I went to Pike Place Market yesterday for our engagement photos. It was really fun, we love our wedding photographer. Ryan just made us feel at ease and since he does a lot of commercial shoots, he has an amazing eye. I can't wait to get the proofs back! 

Toward the end of our shoot we decided to get a beer at a little Irish pub down one of the alleys at the market. As we were sitting there I decided to check my phone and found out I had a missed call from our realtor. I listened to the message and heard Mike say that they accepted the offer and we got the house! Ryan happened to have the camera on the table and he got the moment we found out on film, which I think is just amazing! There are a few legal details to work out, Mike will be working on that today. There is a lien on the house that we'll have to pay out of pocket, but that will actually bring down the overall price of the house and so our monthly payments a little bit. 

Now the house: It's a 2100 square foot 2-story house on .28 acres. The lot is fenced in the back on a level lot with a greenbelt on the left side of the house. It's also a block away from Lake Tapps, which we can see from the house. We have a country front porch, formal living and dining room, open kitchen and family room, gas fireplace, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a 3-car garage. We already have big plans for some of our extra space. The formal living room downstairs we are going to turn into a library (yay!) and one of the extra rooms upstairs will be Nick's war room where he can have his man posters and war game table. This house is everything we wanted and we're both so excited! So here's a photo:



Thanks to everyone for the congrats too! We love you all and will be inviting people over as soon as the house closes, we move in and get settled. Haha, so it will be a while! Maybe December sometime . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment