So, the decision has been made: no attendants. No groomsmen, no bridesmaids. It's perfect for our wedding, which is very family-centered anyway. Nick's brothers, Jacob, and Nick's friend Austin can be ushers and we will come down the aisle (separately of course-and me with my dad) after the family is escorted in. On the mantle will be the pictures of the grandparents and the wedding photos from Nick's and my parents, so it's like they will be our attendants. Plus, the altar area is very small, so the focus will be completely on Nick and me. No flower girl or ring bearer as well, which means we are going to save a ton of money on flowers with all these eliminations. Things feel like they are starting to fall into place.
I'm also pretty set on a child-free wedding. I'm thinking that we will include a note with our invitations about our love for the children in the family and the hope that the parents will understand that, due to the nature of the venue, it would be more appropriate for children not to attend. Besides the fact that too many kids running around in that beautiful mansion scares the crap out of me, this will also open up about 15 spots for guests. There are some people I would be very sad to leave off my guest list due to space limitations. I just hope that people RSVP like they are supposed to, otherwise I'm going to have to throw down when the wedding gets closer!
Next up: Dave and Sariah's wedding this weekend and another bridal expo at the Tacoma Dome on Sunday with Nick and Austin (we're going to try to find him a girl there-maybe some bride's cute bridesmaid!) to do some wedding cake and caterer tasting. It's so nice that the food is the only big thing left on my to-do list. Other things:
*Chapel length plain ivory veil
*Make the favors-the bookmark idea won't leave my head, so that's it. It's a perfect statement from Nick and I since it is such an integral part of our lives.
*Flowers
*Dress cleaning, bustle, and alterations
*Book caterer and cake person (one of my students has a family member who is an amateur cake maker and I'm going to be calling her! Can you say cheap? And good!)
*Create centerpieces (tall vases filled with coffee beans and willow branches with hanging ivory and burgundy votives-maybe)
*Little things: guest book, unity candles (?), wedding rings
*Big thing: book our engagement session with Ryan! I really need to remember to do this soon.
*Call Marcella's about a good dress cleaner and alterations person here in Pierce County (Marcella's is in Seattle)
*Some Nana stuff
Is that it? That seems manageable. I can do this now that the crisis with the bridesmaids has been averted.
P.S. I'm still so in love with Nick's family for helping us with food. They are amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment