Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fun Times

The Tacoma Bridal Expo was this weekend and I decided to go. I thought it would be good to set up tasting appointments with a few places (and I was obsessed with having another baby red potato from Twelve Baskets). Nick and I asked his friend, Austin to go with, ostensibly to find him a "cute bridesmaid." Now, imagine me walking into the bridal show with Nick (and a groom sticker one of the ladies at the door stuck on him) and Austin as we are surrounded by brides, their mothers, and their friends. It was hilarious. I came with two boys. I think some people thought I was nuts. 

Things only got funnier as Nick and Austin started looking around and became overwhelmed. This show was 1/4 the size of the Seattle show, so I thought they could handle it. I finally had to lay down the law about not accepting photographer, gown, and venue brochures as my bag was starting to fill up and they were taking anyone that was thrown at them. Then Nick became obsessed with talking to every travel booth about Tahiti, the Mayan Riviera, and Paris. Every time I turned around he had disappeared and then would reappear with an armful of travel brochures. 

They were both food obsessed, and I don't think I've seen Nick light up quite as much as he did at the Famous Dave's booth, which was giving out free samples, including ribs. By the time we were done with the show, Nick was full. And we still hadn't booked a caterer or a cake designer. Eh, I'm not going to stress about it. I know that I need to take care of the catering situation, but I refuse to be rushed at this point. I am ahead of the game and things are going so well. I feel very lucky. Next time there's a bridal show; however, I think I will just take my mom.

Oh, and we didn't find Austin a "cute bridesmaid." The girls at the Tacoma show weren't as cute as the ones at the Seattle show. Austin had fun though. And so did Nick, even with the stomachache he developed from the BBQ. Gotta love the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment