Well, Mom and I survived the Bridal Show in Seattle. We got a lot of good ideas and are going to set up appointments at Twelve Baskets Catering and a few cake places for tastings. I had the most amazing roasted baby red potato with cream cheese, dill, and chives from Twelve Baskets. So good! Mike's Amazing Cakes was also great. Peach schnapps cake-WOW!
We are also going to get a videographer. One place in Kent called Millstream Video Productions was having an amazing special, so I am going to be setting up an appointment to save the date and put a down payment on our package. We are spending A LOT on photography, but I think the additional cost of a videographer is worth it. What a wonderful way to remember such a special day. Nick and I did pay off Ryan (our photographer) and our venue, Thornewood Castle on Thursday. It feels good to get that done!
And now the main topic of this post: THE Dress. I got it! Marcella's in Seattle was having a sample sale at their boutique, which was only a few blocks from the bridal show, so Mom and I went to have a look. We didn't intend to buy, but that wasn't meant to be. Marcella's has discontinued their Reem Acra line, so all that designer's gowns were deeply discounted. My $3500 gown was only $1200. I put it on and Lindsey, our consultant, put on a veil, tiara, and earrings and Mom and I started to cry. Mom asked if they took Mastercard, haha. The gown is an ivory ballgown with a chapel length train, silk taffeta (not that cheap polyester crap-yay!), with a small amount of beading under the bust and at the waistline. The rest of the gown is plain, but when Lindsey turned down the lights, you could see the material shimmer, which is going to look amazing with all the little white lights at Thornewood. Now begins the diet!
The only thing that could have made this day better was Nana's presence. Mom got very emotional as I stood there in my wedding dress because Nana would have loved to be there. She would have had a ball at the wedding show, as well. I miss her so much. She would have thought this gown is beautiful. I hope she was watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment